Homemade Apple Cider Recipe
Homemade Apple Cider: BEFORE YOU COOK IT PICTURE
Folks, this absolutely awesome. Just look at that picture. I have made it several times.
Want homemade applecider WITHOUT all the preservatives?
This is old school style…
And, want to make your house smell amazing? 🙂
- Big Ole Pot
- 12 assorted red variety of apples. Walmart has lots of varieties. Red, Gala, Fuji, Pink, …
- 1/2 lemon juice (the lady behind me in line told me to make sure I added it)
- 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp WHOLE Cloves (spice isle). They are little round balls.
- 1 tsp WHOLE Allspice (spice isle). They are little round balls.
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks (yeah baby!) I might experiment with more of these. 🙂
- 2 tsp nutmeg or 1 WHOLE nutmeg
- 1/2 cup or so of brown sugar for sweetness
- Wash & cut apples & orange in 1/4s. Leave seeds & peel. Add to the pot.
- Squeeze lemon into pot
- Add spices to pot
- Top with brown sugar
- Take yummy picture
- Nearly fill to top with water
- BOIL for one hour
- Using a OXO Good Grips Wire Potato Masher
, I mash the apples from to time.
- After one hour, let it simmer covered for 2-3 hours.
- It will look soupy like the picture below.
- Using a Nut Milk Bag
to strain the liquid into a container. This will remove all the chunks of stuff.
- I use a Luminarc Quadro 2-Liter Glass Pitcher with Lid to store it in the refrigerator.
- Warm it up on the stove on low/med heat and serve. 🙂